Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm also concerned about the 5 minute limit. At this point, I've narrowed my list down to 68 songs. Of these, 11 are more than 5 minutes long, 6 are more than 6 minutes long and only 3 are longer than 7 minutes. The longest is 22 minutes, and I really can't expect to play it, despite the fact that it is a very strong candidate. I've been working on ranking them so that I can be ready when the time comes to either throw down the gauntlet or pick it up and thump somebody with it, and if I pick the top 10 from each of my years, 5 of the top 20 are over 5 minutes long. Only 2 of them are more than 6 minutes long. I'd be more comfortable with 6 minutes as a limit, and I agree that we should be able to play longer songs and truncate them down to 5 or 6 minutes.

Whatever the committee decides, I'll be there. Armed with some of the finest music ever created!



Mike

No comments: