Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I could go on for a very long time listing highly regarded albums that I've never really bothered with. Many have already been mentioned. But I'm more interested in the other side of the challenge - albums that I consider to be wonderful that never garnered the respect that they deserve. It would take more time than I have to do a thorough stroll through my collection looking for these, but here are a few off the top of my head:

Dulcinea by Toad the Wet Sprocket
Laid by James
Melville by Rheostatics
One Job Town by Grievous Angels
Robbie Roberston's first solo album
Starfish by the Church
Tales of Mystery and Imagination by the Alan Parsons Project
Vegetarians of Love by Bob Geldhof


I'm not suggesting that these albums are all significant in any way other than the music. But as far as the music goes, these are all among my favorites, and I don't think they're generally considered to be that strong.

No comments: