Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Marc,
re: Springsteen, Derek - Protestations to the contrary, it sounds like you do care. And that's perfectly fine, of course, to passionately care about an artist that someone else may disparage, or fail to appreciate, as you point out further down in your screed, i mean, post. :) But you care. A little. It comes across. The 'dragged from the bowels' line hints at frustration. A smidge.

re: the Q, you make some good points. In my rush to add my voice to the discussion, I may have crapped on the station in haste. A quick google search of their website, in fact, reveals a playlist of recently played songs that, though not exactly teeming with novelty, is one I could easily imagine myself compiling and listening to on a weekend: Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Roxy Music. I cheerfully concede that they can and do play artists that I like. And yet, if I asked to come up with words to describe Q's brand/identity, and prevented from using the words 'classic rock', then 'sexually retarded adolescent boy rock' would be next. Perhaps this is my own idiosyncratic take and others feel differently.

No comments: